Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Snickers, Sore Throat, and Haircut

This Sunday, the mtc president walked into our Sunday night devotional (in the auditorium) with a couple boxes of snickers. He talked about room checks and showed percentages for the elder and sister missionaries of what percent had perfect rooms, optimal rooms, good rooms etc... after showing these numbers he showed a list of the 15 or so rooms that had gotten `perfieto` (perfect) on all of the room checks for the past 3 weeks (6 room checks over 3 weeks). Room 621 (mine and my comps. two other elders and 2 new Brazilians) was up there. We all got snickers which was a simple recognition/reward for a small and simple effort. Those snickers tasted so great hahaha.
I've had a sore throat for the past 4 days now and my nose has also been all clogged up. I've been taking some medicine I brought, had a blessing, and got more medicine from a drug store across the street from the mtc. My throat is getting better and with time, my nose will too. Not being 100% is no fun but I'm still giving 100% the work is tough but what I know I need to be doing. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else right now.
After the hair-cutting incident last week, my companion and I went to a hair store within our walking boundaries and bought a new one that has the right outlet setup so now I don't have to worry about the voltage converters. I cut my companions hair and then mine and cut another missionaries hair who is in my district. That was my first and second time cutting someone else's hair but they were really happy with it and everyone was impressed haha. It's a small and simple talent but it will be a big blessing to me and my companions in the future. An update on my old clippers: it ends up there are two different outlets in the bathrooms, one for the hand dryers and one for normal use. I used the hand dryer outlet for my other clippers and the higher power overheated them. They probably still work but it doesn't matter now haha. The new ones were only 68 reais or 20ish USD so it wasn't too bad.

This week has been great. There's so much to learn and so much I want to learn. I'm so glad to be a part of this incredible work and so glad to be worthy to do it.

Some great stuff I read this week:
D&C 60 (part about missionaries)
parable of the talents (Matthew 25)
Alma 32 (faith)

esta igreja e a verdade e eu so grato por ele.
(ele being used as it and not he)

tchau!

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment