Monday, December 16, 2019

Week 69!

Family and Friends,

João Victor came to Church this Sunday again and liked it a lot! He's a cool guy, and we've been teaching him a lot. He is progressing well. I'm excited for him! 

Two recent funny stories:

This past Tuesday, we had stopped by a store on our way home. As I had taken my money out of my wallet, I ended up leaving my drivers license and a picture I had in my wallet in the store! We returned the next morning and found them both!

I had a medical checkup this past Wednesday night. It was in the center of the town and we went there with an Uber. On the way back, we decided to walk to save money. We used a bridge over the big river in the city and we ended up behind a number of huge, old, and empty warehouses. We didn't see anyone for about 10 minutes as we walked and it was late at night but we made it out safe and I saw a wild (and live! I've only seen them dead on the road before) armadillo. It was cool haha.

We had transfers this past week but Elder Motta and I will stay here! In fact, our whole district of 8 missionaries stayed haha.

One thing that I've seen a lot lately is the difference in the lives of those who practice (yes, practice, not have) the Gospel and those who don't. There are many people and families I have known which are incredible, peaceful, and happy. There are also many which are the exact opposite. The main difference in the lives of these people seems to be the level of application of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Those who obey and keep His perfect principles are happier, kinder, and more successful in life.

Love you all!
-Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment