Monday, January 6, 2020

Weeks 71 & 72!



Family and Friends,
These past two weeks have flown by! Here are the highlights:

Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Years! We stayed Christmas Eve night with a family from the Church, we ate a ton, and hung out. It was really great! On Christmas we had a four hour lunch with Brazilian BBQ. It was really good haha. On New Years, we stayed home but watched all the fireworks in the city from our houses garage haha. It was really cool. It made me miss the 4th of July parties in the USA. 

I was recently transferred to a new area in the same city as my first area here in Brazil! It has been really cool to come back and remember experiences from over a year ago. Time has flown by. My new companion is Elder Costa. He's from Fortaleza and is the only member in his family. His parents disowned him when he left on the mission and he hasn't talked to them since. His faith and testimony are astounding. We don't yet have a week together but we've gotten a lot done. We've been able to meet the Bishop, plan how we will work in harmony with him, cleaned and organized the area book, meet some of the members, and also meet some of the people here who are investigating the church. It's been great!

I have nearly 1 year and 5 months on my mission now, it has been an incredible experience until now. I have changed, grown, and experienced so much. Only those who have served understand. I'm am excited to finish these last 6 months or so faithfully and proudly.

Until next week, love you all,
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment