Monday, October 1, 2018

Week 6&7!

Friends and family,


The past two weeks have been wild. Elder Skinner returned home this past Tuesday, it was sad for everyone but he made his choice. I was with Elder Rhodes and Morrow who were in the same room as me. We had a good time, taught well, and finished the MTC experience well. 

We got a new MTC president the Sunday before I left. President Silva's wife has been in bad health for months and it was super tough for him to handle two huge jobs. The new mtc president is great. He is a man of God and will lead the mtc well.

President and sister Bangerter (leaders of my mission) are great and energetic. They do a great job. We got a warm welcome, great food and were assigned our first companions of the field. My companion is Elder Hoch (pronounced hawk) he's a convert and a super cool elder. We've been able to work hard and do well together. He speaks enough English to get his point across most of the time but nothing more than that. It's tough but he's patient with my Portuguese and I'm learning a lot.

During lessons, I don't understand much but I can testify that our message is true and share simple experiences or topics of lessons. The people here are great! You can ask anyone for water or to use their bathroom and they'll let you in and help you out. It's really cool.

I'm so happy to be here. I know I'm doing what God wants me to do and I know this is his work. Tchau!
-Elder Anderson
Pictures from the MTC:








No comments:

Post a Comment