Monday, March 11, 2019

Week 30!

Family and Friends,

Hello everybody, I am walking to the lan house. This week was super great. I tried to relax a little but and enjoy the week. I am working on taking better care of my health. I am enjoying it a bit more, while still working hard. On Wednesday we visited the new Venezuelans here, there are super awesome. They gave us a new type of fruit that I had not eaten. It was served in a syrup sauce. It was a bit weird. My companion almost threw up. It was super funny. We visited with Rebeccah and talk her all the commandments. She had a date for this Saturday, but I’ll talk more about that later. We showed her the baptismal font to help her get excited. We also visited Marcus who is 17 and really enjoys the church but doesn’t have family support. We taught them the restoration and the Gospel of Jesus Christ in one lesson. He told us that he used to use the name Lucifer as his name on games and things. He asked me if this was a sin. I looked at him in the eye and told him because of this he was going to hell. He got scared and then I let him know I was totally kidding and joking around. He then thought it was funny.

A fun small Brazilian truck just drove by with loud speakers. Super cool.

Thursday we visited with Rebecca and reviewed the baptismal questions and when we got home that night there was a giant cockroach on my desk and it got away and we found it and doused it with a ton of spray and killed it. We tried to sweep it out of the house, out of the gate into the road but we would hit it out and it would hit the gate and bounce back. SO me with my incredible knowledge of gold, I got the broom and swung as hard as I could and the bottom part of the broom flew off and hit the gate I and it was super loud and so funny, we dies of laughter. We later went out and swept the cockroach into the road. Super funny. Friday we had lunch with Bishop. He’s got 4 kids. His wife was still finished up making lunch and we talked with the kids for a while, who are all into toy guns and pretend war, water guns, etc. I got permission from the zone leader and showed them one of the lego movies that I made and put on youtube and it was super cool. Later one of the zone leaders came and did a baptismal interview with Rebecca and he came out of the interview and told us she still had a lot of questions and doubts and we thought “oh wow, we thought we had taught her everything well” and we were worried. But, he was teasing, and everything worked out awesome. Saturday we had the baptism and it was awesome. I gave the talk about Baptism and my companion baptized her. My companion is from Manaus and she’s also from there, super cool.

That night we visited Clebur and Jessica. Clebur came to church Sunday and really liked it. Jessica wants to return to church and have her boyfriend be baptized. They gave us hot dogs with mashed potatoes, super good. We heard about transfers and we are both staying here in our area. After this transfer I’ll have been here 4 months. I’m excited to stay and help strengthen the ward here. Sunday was awesome, Clebur enjoyed church, Rebecca received the gift of the Holy Ghost and that night we visited her and Rebecca and reviewed all the lessons including the laws and ordinances. It was about 2 and ½ hours of talking and teaching. It was good to review everything. She is a solid person. Rebekah's brother was baptized some time ago. They had a fan that had broken. He had glued it back together to see if it would work. When they turned in on, one of the blades flew off and hit my companion in the face. I thought he would be hurt, but he wasn't. It was really funny. This week was super awesome. It was just a good week. I am looking forward to staying here and growing friendships with all the members.

Love,
Elder Anderson















No comments:

Post a Comment