Monday, March 18, 2019

Week 31!

Family and Friends,
My companion and I meet tons of new people this week. In total, we talked with 47 new people, it was super great, and we will continue focusing on meeting and getting to know tons of people here and on giving them all opportunities to follow Christ.

Yesterday, we visited a family for the second time, they´re remarkable people and strong in their church. Before the opening prayer, they had already said that they didn't want to meet anymore with us. We prayed and continued talking, but they gave us the most blunt and up-front rejection I've experienced on my mission. It was really sad.

CONGRATS to Dallin Anderson on his engagement! I´m super happy for them both.

This past Monday we had a family home evening with our ward mission leader and his kids (both inactive) and their boyfriends were there with them. 11 people total. It was super good. We talked about 1 Nephi 8, the vision of the tree of life, holding fast to the iron rod and continuing to the tree. This week I’ve been trying to focus on the main purpose for my mission and not worrying so much about getting little things done. Focusing on fulfilling my purpose of teaching the gospel and bringing souls to Christ. As I made that change, it helped me a ton, I felt a lot happier. I was now doing things because I wanted to do them instead of because I had to do them.

This week we’ve been focusing on a ton of contacts. Trying to find new people to teach. We are trying to talk to a ton of people. This past week we did 47 contacts in 3-4 days. We visited Mateous, a recent convert with a tough life (had had been a drug dealer and was in danger and he was sent here by his family to get straightened out). We had a good lesson with him and he wants to keep changing, but it’s tough for him. Wednesday we focused more on contacts and Elder Lira was super nervous to talk to people. He got up his courage to talk to a woman in a park and when he did, she said “oh sorry, I’m an athiest”...and he didn’t know what to say, it was super funny. Thursday district meeting, 28 people in our zone, Elder Mota is the District Leader, he was in my first zone in my mission. He’s super cool, solid guy. We also did service by cleaning out trash from a member’s yard. Friday I hit 7 months in the mission field, it’s gone by super fast. I’m almost a ⅓ of the way done...crazy thought. We did a ton of contacts on that day (Thursday). This week there was a school shooting in the state we are in (but outside the mission boundaries). A 17 and 25 year old. A student killed his uncle and stole his car, and the 2 guys pulled up the school and walked in and started shooting. 8 people were killed and they killed themselves after. There’s been a ton of stuff in the news about it. Super sad. And, that’s about the whole week.

Love you all,
- Elder Anderson
 on the Bishop's motorcycle!


No comments:

Post a Comment