Monday, March 25, 2019

Week 32!

Family and Friends,

I´ll be turning 19 years old tomorrow! (the 26th) I´m getting old... haha.
it was an `electrifying´ week haha

Something funny...right now we are walking through the middle of town and there’s a guy just riding a horse on the road, totally normal, funny! This week we visited with Clebur and Jessica, helping Clebur get ready for his baptism. We were leaving their house and we got a call from a random number, so we answered and it was a guy who said he was a member from another town and he was here for a couple days and said he needed a shirt...kinda weird, but we planned to meet him the following morning and meet him to give him a shirt (he is here working and didn’t bring enough clothes). So we met him, gave him a shirt, he said he’s about to move here and he got a job in the city.

The Lan house, the place where we go to email each week….I talked to the owner about the church, and talked to him and his wife, and they are “spiritists”...the first time I’ve talked to someone who is that religion...believes in spirits and re-incarnation. Later there was an activity at the church, and Elder Lira and I shared scriptures about faith and talked for a little bit. Afterward, I invited one of the members to share his conversion story. He met the missionaries one day and was baptized less than 2 weeks later, super quick, he said right after his baptism he was called to be the Young Men’s president for 3 years and every single young man served a mission during that time (those who were old enough) which was awesome! I’ve never heard of that happening. Really incredible.

Also this week, we were playing soccer at the church and my companion kicked the ball hard and it got stuck on the roof. I got up to get it, and there was an electric wire up there and I accidentally touched it with both hands….I’m fine but I felt the electricity….yikes.

Lots of love to you all!
- Elder Anderson




No comments:

Post a Comment