Monday, April 29, 2019

Week 37!

Family and Friends,
This week was my first in my new area (São Carlos, Ward 5). The Ward here is bigger than in Guanabara (This Sunday, there were 104 people there). My new companion is Elder Saltos, he´s from Ecuador and can teach very well. It´s remarkable. I´ll learn a lot with him this transfer.

Some highlights from the week:
- During transfers, I arrived at the bus station and by the time I talked to the mission secretary, my group (leaving Piracicaba to São Carlos) had already left. The Secretary told me that he trusted me and bought a ticket leaving later in the day and I went to São Carlos alone (2hr. bus ride). Everything ended up working out and I meet with my new companion and 2 other Elders at the bus station in São Carlos. 
- There are lots of people here to teach. We taught 17 (or more) lessons this week and meet 11 new people who are interesting in learning about The Church. It was great. 
- This past Sunday, the Elder´s Quorum lesson was on a talk by Dallin H. Oaks titled, ``Where will this lead?`` Its an incredible talk. I invite you all to read it.  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2019/04/35oaks?lang=eng . I learned that I need to analyze what I am doing now and decide if what I´m doing now will result in the outcome I want. Super great.
- This Sunday, we ate lunch with a family whose son has an old Volkswagen Gol with an inline 4 engine (I think its a 1.8 or 2 Liter) that has 500 HP! The thing is a beast. I´ll attach pictures of it.
- Also, on the bus to the lan house today, I saw the first Ferrari I´ve seen in my life. I´m not sure what model it was, but it was beautiful. 

Some things I´ve been learning:
- The main thing I´ve been learning here is the purpose of the Gospel. It is the only way to find true happiness and peace in this life and to have Eternal happiness after this life. No other thing in the world can give the same result as The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It´s taken me a while to realize that, but I´m learning it now. 
- Patience. I´ve been trying a lot to be more calm and relaxed and to develop patience. I like to get things done and to do it well and fast. I´m starting to learn how to relax, slow down, and exercise patience in everything I do. It´s helping me a lot.

I love you all! Hope y'all have a good week.
- Elder Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment